Thursday, November 18, 2010

Today I am Thankful For Heidi

Heidi has been the sweetest child since before she was even born.  She was a quick labor.  My father invited me to attend the symphony with him when I first thought I might be in labor.  He and my mother both told me I wouldn't have a baby that night (Heidi was 25 days early) and that I should go and relax to some great music.  Imagine his surprise when I had her before he even got home!  She slept through the night almost from day one.  She knew I had had very little sleep with her older siblings but I still kept getting up and checking on her because I was so afraid she had died!  Finally I started sleeping with her in my arms on the couch for the first month until I realized she really was going to sleep though the night.

Heidi has always tried to do what is right.  I know of two people that have showed up on this earth with a testimony of Jesus Christ, Heidi and my sister, Marianne.  They never struggled to find out for themselves - they always knew.  What a wonderful gift and a blessing to have.  Heidi has been a light in our home and as with our other daughters, a true blessing in our lives.  I am so grateful that she is my daughter.  She has an amazing family of her own now and though she is struggling right now (she has a newborn and toddler so sleep is not in her picture currently) she will handle it admirably because she always does.  I used to wonder what the older women were talking about when I was little and they would say they had 'jewels in their crown'.  Now I know.  I didn't acquire them on my own though.  Heavenly Father blessed me with amazing daugthers, son-in-laws and grandchildren.

No comments: