Thursday, November 11, 2010

I am Thankful for the Veteran's of this Country!

I am an Army BRAT and so I have been raised in a military atmosphere.  Because of that I see things with a slight twist that others don't.  I am so proud and grateful to the men of our Armed Services!  I am proud to be a military BRAT and I am proud and thankful to be citizen of the United States of America.  Every Sunday I have the opportunity to stage lunch for a few of our military men that are attending schools and are away from their families.  It is an honor to take care of them when their families cannot. I am grateful for that opportunity as well.  We are so blessed to have such an incredible Armed Services and today I give thanks for their service and in many cases, their lives.  In our family we have 3 immediate family members that have served or are serving in the military - my father, COL Archie Maynard Brugger, Ret., Clydes father served during WWII; I met Clyde while he was serving in the Army and currently our daughter, Heather's husband is in the Air Force, Brandon J. Nordell.  We are blessed and honored to have a legacy of honorable men in our family.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

I didn't know that Grandpa Bill served in WWII. Anneke is wearing camouflage in honor of the day and each of her prayers lately have had thanks for the soldiers who serve our country. It has been very humbling.