Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a picture of our four daughters dressed as 'Pilgresse's' as Heather dubbed the costumes.  This is the first and only year everyone wanted to do it and it was because of Pam.  Pam attended a preschool/daycare run by a woman we fondly called 'Granny'.  She actually made - out of fabric - Pilgrim costumes for each of the children in her preschool every year.  Pam's is the only complete costume - down to the cute little apron and the collar.  The other girls wanted to dress up so once we got to my mother's we scrounged around the house and this is what we found.  Carianne is actually wearing the hat we bought in Holland.  The next year my mother came up the wonderful idea that we make costumes for the girls and they could dress up for the the dinner every year there after.  Well, by that time our girls had lost their interest and in fact after the second or third year it was a drudgery and then it became a joke.  Oh well, this was the one fun and exciting year of dressing up and we have the picture to prove it.  Who is Heather and Carianne holding?  I think it is their cousin Julianna, who is expecting a baby this Spring!  I am thankful for Thanksgiving memories and I am looking forward to making new memories today.


I get the comics via the internet and today as I was reading my favorite comic strip "Mutts", I read this: "I give thanks for the perfect day.  Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease." - Unknown.
May you have just such a day!

4 comments:

Cari said...

I'm pretty sure that I'm holding Katherine!

pambelina said...

I think the baby is Katherine, Mama.

Heather said...

Mom that is Catherine in the picture with us. I love you!

Heidi Noel said...

It's actually Katherine. There are so many versions of that picture out there. Ugh!