Saturday, November 13, 2010

I am Thankful for the Sun!

I started to say, "I am thankful for sunshine."  But in capital letters that becomes our oldest daughter's nickname.  As I am going to do a post on what I am thankful for about each of my daughters on another day- I had to be careful today in my wording and that made me laugh.  November is notoriously the most cloudy month in Rhode island.  Typically it is cloudy at least 22 days of the month.  Last week was one of the those weeks where we went days on end without sunshine.  I hadn't realized how it was affecting me until was getting headaches everyday and we lost daylight savings time.  I didn't think I liked daylight savings time but apparently I do.  This getting dark at 4:25 pm is hard.  But this morning at 7 a.m. the sun was shining and looks like it will be a picture postcard day.  A great day to prepare for the Sabbath.  I won't need to bask in front of the 'Happy Light' - I can do it naturally as we run around getting ready for tomorrow.  I am thankful for the beauty and warmth of the sun.  I will be so glad when we can retire in Texas!

No comments: