Saturday, November 20, 2010

I am Thankful For My Pfiester Grandchildren!



The greatest joy of my life is my grandchildren.  I have to admit that when people told me that before I had grandchildren, I thought they were crazy but now I know.  The real purpose of having children is for grandchildren!  Carlye Anne is our oldest granddaughter.  She will 10 this year.  She brought joy to us just after a great sadness came into our life.  She has been a joy ever since!  Nathanael is our second grandson.  He is 8 years old.  He is one the tenderest, most compassionate young men I have ever met.  I cannot tell you what a joy he has been in our lives.  He is also all boy and loves to rough and tumble and he, like any other little boy will push the limit but immediately regrets his choice.  


Noah brought us laughter when he showed up.  He is our third grandson but the youngest in this family.  He loves being the center of attention and the family jester.  The problem is, not only is he funny, he is smarter than the rest of us and very endearing.  So while he is doing something he probably shouldn't be doing, you are dismissing yourself from the room because the situation is so funny and brilliant.  I feel so sorry for his parents because daily they are caught between keeping him on the straight and narrow path and just wanting to laugh out loud and say, "How did you ever dream that up, Noah!"  He doesn't do things to be naughty, his predicaments come from pure curiosity and joy.  We have a picture of Noah jumping down the stairs from his parents bedroom with pure joy on his face with just a t-shirt and his briefs on.  It is an older picture and I didn't want to embarrass him or his siblings with it today.  I just have to say, today I am thankful for my Pfiester Grandchildren.  I dream of the day we live closer to them.

No comments: