Monday, November 29, 2010

I am Thankful for my Mother

The above pictures are from all over the place.  The first picture is our family picture from Christmas 1970.  The second picture is the day my brother Bob was blessed  with my sister Marianne and my mom and the bottom picture is Mom and me the day I graduated from Heidelberg High School in June of 1971.  I don't have that many pictures of my mother.  Today is the 10 year anniversary of her death.  It doesn't seem that long in some ways and in other ways it seems like forever.  I miss her.  There were so many things I wanted her to still teach me.  But she was so sick, it was time for her to go.  I am so grateful for the things she did teach me and for the fact she was my mother.  I am grateful she was there to be an amazing grandmother to our daughters and my nieces.  I am very blessed to have had parents who loved and cared for me.  I am very blessed to still have my father living.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Annabelle looks like my dad!