Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am Thankful for Daughters Who Love Each Other

When our daughters were very little they loved each other and they played together so well.  For the most part they were best friends and I marvelled at how lucky I was.  And then they got into the mid grades of elementary school and that kind of went out of the window for years!  I wondered if any two of them would be friends at the same time again.  Adulthood and marriage came and now they are all best friends and sisters again.  It is such a joy to watch them.  Many times I am not even included in a problem because they call each other first - which is fine.  They are closer in age and their families are the same dynamics - so they know how to deal with the problems at hand better than I do. 

When Pam was very little, on occasion, she would call Carianne, Nana (now she calls her that or Nan most of the time).  I was laughing to myself last night because Carianne has become somewhat "Aunt Nana the Nanny" in the family.  She goes to the girls before I do when a new baby is born.  She was there for Pam because I couldn't move and now she is going to Heidi so we can go for Christmas and the baby blessing.  Clyde and I were teasing her last night that Carl gets to go on hunting trips and she goes for the newborns.  She said that Carl brings back something though.  She brings back something too - lots of love and the satisfaction of a job well done.  I am grateful for my amazing family.  I know that is pretty much all I have blogged about this month but they are the best and greatest blessings of my life.

No comments: