Friday, November 26, 2010

I am Thankful for Wonderful Get Togethers

Yesterday we got together at the Church with anyone that didn't have a place to go.  We ended up with about 30 people and had a wonderful time.  I had originally come up with the idea so the military students wouldn't be left alone, but they were not allowed to leave the base.  By that time I had asked a few of the young couples if they would like to participate with us - knowing they really couldn't afford Thanksgiving on their own.  Then a few other people heard about it and it just kept growing and getting more wonderful.  We had people of all ages.  I brought "How To Train Your Dragon" for the kids to watch but what happened was that the kids played with balls and trains and ran and had fun while the teenagers and adults watched the movie.  We had a wonderful time with so much food that everyone took home generous leftovers.  Clyde and I cooked a 14 pound turkey and 12 pound ham.  I am still astonished at how much meat was leftover and how much meat was taken home.  It was a glorious day and great day of Thanksgiving.  It truly was the next best thing to being with family.  I am thankful for ward members that are like family.

No comments: