Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I am Thankful for Dutch!

 This is Dutch and me when he was about 2 months old.
This is Dutch when he was just over a year old with his Pfiester cousins.


This is a really hard post for me.  The last two years we were able to spend Thanksgiving with the Davis family in Pennsylvania and the year before that we helped them move into their house.  Knowing that it was an easy days drive to their home made it so nice and fun. We were able to watch Dutch grow up and spend quite a bit of time with him and his parents.  Dutch is our 5th grandson and our youngest grandson.  He has the most infectious laugh you have ever heard.  When he laughs - everyone around him laughs.  He is filled with joy.  I have not seen him for almost a year because they have moved to Utah, but from what I understand from his mother and from my sister, Dutch has hit the 'terrible two's' with a vengeance.  He is very busy and has decided that temper tantrums must be fun for everyone.  His mother has not been feeling well and I am sure that has just made matters worse.  It has been hard to be so far away but it is the way life is.  Just once I would like to be with family members when they need us.  I am thankful for Dutch as I am for all of my grandchildren.   We are fortunate to have 10 healthy grandchildren. In the spring our numbers will increase to 11 grandchildren.  We will see which happens first, the Royal wedding or the birth of my next grandchild!

No comments: