Saturday, April 19, 2014

The flagon with the dragon has the ...

Clyde loves dragons, always has.  This is dragon flagon!  It is from Viking times.  This was in the National Museum of Denmark.  We had some amazing sights there - including the skeleton of a Viking boat.  So neat.  Unfortunately the room was kept dark to preserve it, so no pictures.

This is a fountain with a bear in the middle in the courtyard of City Hall.  I can't wait to see with the water running.

Today was a fun day.  We went to the big mall here - at Fisherman's Square.  We got a new toaster!  Hurray.  We also got a summer weight blanket and some pillows to prop up on in bed.   It was a fun day.  I also spoke to Heather and Heidi this afternoon and evening.  I am blessed. 

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Andy love this post and is jealous. We all loved the title and have been saying to lines over and over. Love you. Happy Easter!

Grandma Bailey said...

The whole time we were in the National Museum, I kept seeing things I knew my son-in-laws (and my daughters) would love. They have the largest Roman sword collection in the world. The have one the largest prehistoric arrow head collections in the world. They had a whole wing devoted to the Beatles and sixties pop culture and a wing of the most incredible doll houses you have ever seen. The problem is that they were all in very low light so they would be preserved. I will try and find postcards of these things. There was a children's section that each our grandchildren would have loved too.