Thursday, April 3, 2014

Full Day

I did go back to work this morning.  We found a bunch of loose pages in the German protocols as we were doing them.  We added them at the end.  I figured out that they were cremation records for some of the German Soldiers.  It was in German.  I felt more comfortable with that than I ever have with Danish.  It was interesting.

FamilySearch insists that we do the indexes.  We will do all 67 books but it seems like a waste of time to me and the officials of Copenhagen.  Oh well.  We are finished with what was originally contracted for us to do.  We will do this and the next 3 projects they have ready for us to do.

Jeppe gave us a party this afternoon, to celebrate our finishing the contract this morning.  Everyone in the archive came and asked questions about what we were doing.  It was very interesting and fun.  I love our office mates.  They were thrilled for us and impressed with how quickly we got the work done.  Hopefully we can get through the indexes quickly.  Jeppe figured out we did all of the protocols in about 60 days.  Interesting.  (By the time you add in holidays and sick days - I think he is right.

I couldn't stand it anymore and got my hair cut.  It was a different place than last time.  Hopefully in time we will get used to each other and be able to communicate better.  I think the sides of my hair are too short but not bad.  I also would have liked the back a bit shorter.  Oh well.  At least I look better put together and not like a bag lady.  The price was half of what I spent last time and $10 less than when I got it cut in Rhode Island.

We finished all of our work this morning and had to wait for the party to start at 1:30.  We went for a walk down a park pathway and enjoyed nature for a while.  At our party, Jeppe served fresh vegetables.  The big hit was fresh peas - eaten the way our family likes them best - fresh out of the pod.  Jeppe had served a bowl full and that was the vegetable that most people ate.  I guess that is where our family learned it - it was brought from the "Old Country".

No comments: