Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blew it Big Time...

Ordinarily at lunch, I turn on the hard drive to download the mornings work.  Today, I turned it off and then on (Clyde had turned it on without saying anything) and messed up the download so badly it took 2 1/2 hours to download what usually takes 10 minutes.  I have to quit being so impulsive and look before I flip the switch.  We got very little done because of that and some rough books.  We only did 3 books and it took over 3 hours of camera time to get that!  Clyde said the Gremlins were working overtime today.  We also had the camera freeze on us and had to turn the computer off twice and reboot in order to get it to move forward.  Just not a fun day.  One of the things we did discover was that when they list whether the women are married, widowed, unmarried or divorced in the indexes we are currently doing - they also list if they have been abandoned or deserted.  We are finding at least one desertion every page.

We got to the front door of the office building as the bus pulled away from the stop, coming home from work.  We decided to take the walking bridge across the water and meet the bus and Dyblesbo (doo bulls bow -with a long o on the last syllable).  This the station just after Copenhagen Central.  It was a rough walk because the wind was gusting up to 30 miles an hour.  Will be a pleasant walk in the coming months.  Tivoli is also open, so we will see about getting season passes.  I look forward to that.  Got my workout today.

Yesterday morning, Pernille said 'Guld Morning to us.'  Guld is the color yellow and I was puzzled why she said it.  She came and pointed to Clyde and me and said, "You are both wearing 'guld' - so guld morning."  We hadn't even realize we left the house in the same color.

Clyde wanted some plants in the apartment to help freshen the air.  He walked down to the Blomster yesterday and bought a gardenia plant and variegated green plant that they call the 'pepperoni' or the American plant, here.  Will take pictures because  I have never seen the pepperoni plant before.  Gardenia's are my favorite flower (they were in my wedding bouquet) and to have them smelling up the apartment is wonderful.

Hopefully tomorrow won't be as windy.  I hate the wind when it is so strong it pushes you off your feet.

No comments: