Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wasted Weekend


I didn't blog yesterday.  I forgot because I am feeling awful again.  I have been running a fever of 100-102 since Friday.  I had to stay home from Church today and had to miss Clyde's talk.  I am so tired of this.  I will go to work tomorrow if I can at all function.

I did go with Clyde to get the grocery shopping done for the week, yesterday morning.  I fell apart again after that and didn't get out of bed for much.  Today I have been under my duvet and studying for our Immigration Test on Thursday.

I learned something fun today.  As everyone knows who follows this blog, I have a grandson named Caspian Luke.  I found out today that Caspian in Danish is Kaspiske (cass-pees-kuh).  There was a show on about the Caspian Sea and this is how it was always referred too.  I told one our co-workers Caspian Luke's name and they also corrected it to Kaspiske. 

I watched "The Incredibles" in Danish last night and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (in English with Danish subtitles) this morning.  It was interesting.  This afternoon, I watched "Inkheart " but the subtitles were in Swedish - so I quit watching them.

Another think I learned on Monday was that skinke (ham) and ryg (roo) Hamburger (smoked pork) are not the same thing.  Skinke is always from the thigh (where hams come from) and hamburger - smoked or not - is the rest of the pork but usually hamburger is smoked.  That makes more sense to me than saying an all beef patty is a hamburger.  Where is the pork in that?  As my family knows, I know all sorts of trivia and seem to remember that better than what I am supposed to dwell on.

No comments: