Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lazy Sunday


I was running a fever last night and early this morning.  I ended up staying home from Church and  have slept most of the day away.  Don't know if I will go to work tomorrow or not.

Yesterday was such a beautiful day.  We stopped by the 'Blomster' on our way home from the bus stop after the baptism.  The flower shop had daffodil and iris bulbs blossoming - so we bought one of each.  The owner saw us bring the plants in to buy and said, "Ah Spring".  He said it exactly right.

I was thinking that this week I will be celebrating 12 years of being cancer free.  On Valentine's Day of 2002, I was diagnosed with uterine cancer.  I was scared I would not make it.  It was stage 3 with elements of stage 4.  In other words, without a successful surgery, I would die.  I ended up with a huge scar that runs up my stomach to my heart (it carefully goes around the belly button).  I am grateful to be alive and able to serve this mission.

No comments: