Tuesday, February 18, 2014

German Soldier and Refugee Protocols

Yesterday, I wrote about finding German Soldier and refugee records in our protocols.  I had told Jeppe about them and he followed up with Helge at the city archives. She had never heard of them.  She found them and there are many and they go from 1944-1949.  She is contacting Keith to see if we can do those.  It is funny because I never bother Jeppe with day to day things.  And yet, yesterday I felt compelled to go and discuss this with him.  I know this work is valuable to people.  Maybe now people that had no idea where family members had died, can find them.

It was a good day and a productive day.  We did 5 protocols and the Fire records from the end of the 1700's.  We have now digitized all of the burn records.  They are a bit more time consuming but a wonderful break.  Jeppe said that before we did those records, they had thought we were confined to bound books.  They now realize we can record anything.

Clyde has PEC tonight, so he is gone until the bus brings him home.  I must admit that to have some alone time on occasion is wonderful.

No comments: