Sunday, February 16, 2014

Not Another Headache!

Clyde and I both fought migraines today.  They started on the way to church and got progressively worse.  During Sacrament Meeting, I prayed we could make it through the meetings.  We had SOS today which is 'Slaegsthistory og Sandwiches' in Danish.  In Englsh it is Family History and Sandwiches.  It is a time to work with Branch members on family history and genealogy.  It is wonderful when you can help people take names to the temple.  President Williams, the Copenhagen Temple President, said that we have one of the highest rates of members bringing their own family names to the temple, in the Church.  He had a meeting on Friday with members of the Seventy and the Temple Department. That is where President Williams learned this.

A sister, trying to be kind and help Clyde and me, rubbed "Thieves" - an essential oil on our wrists.  I think that is what made Clyde and I worse today.  You are so sensitive to smells anyway with a migraine.  I could not get that washed away quick enough.  I came home and made some cocoa with a drop of peppermint oil in it.  Helped so much.

The Knudsen family fixes a meal for all of the Senior Missionaries in the Copenhagen area, on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.  I have had his meals twice and ended up with gastric upset after both.  I am glad that Clyde has PEC that night and we have a good out for not attending.  Now with our luck, they will change the night.

No comments: