Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sweet Sabbath

Sometimes it is frustrating to ride the busses here on weekends.  The rejse planer (travel schedule for the public transportation in Copenhagen) told us we must catch the 7:30 bus 10 in order to catch 4A in time to get to the church by 8:30.  The problem was that no one got on the bus except us - so we were at the church in less than 25 minutes (usually it takes at least 45).  We were over a half hour early for Clyde's missionary planning meeting.  No one came to the church until after 8:30.  It was a bitter windy morning - BUT - my feet weren't cold.  We are going to go and buy warmer coats tomorrow that are rain proof and warmer than what we are wearing right now.  On the way home, it was blowing so hard that we had are hard time warming up.  I am just now starting to feel comfortable.

The meetings today were wonderful.  I am trying hard to not use the headsets so that I get used to hearing the Danish.  The problem with that today was that one of the speakers spoke Spanish and her husband interpreted in Danish.  I finally put the headset on and listened that way  because I was just getting confused.  It would have been fun to sing, "Does the Journey Seem Long" in Relief Society but it is not in the Danish hymnbook.  I blew my left eardrum out about 3 weeks ago and now I am deaf in that ear while it heals.  Hopefully I will get most of my hearing back - but that is the ear that always blows out and I am getting more and more deaf in that ear.  The interpreter was sitting on my left side and to the back of me.  I finally gave up trying to listen to her and concentrated on listening to the teacher.  I was astonished at all I picked up.  I didn't get it all but I got most.  I had read the lessons before I attended so I know I got the gist.  There were some beautiful promises in that lesson today and I was glad I was there to feel the Spirit.

Clyde and I just finished supper because we were watching "Pirates of the Caribbean - the end of the world".  It was fun and we got so caught up in it that we didn't realize how late it was.  Now I will be behind for the evening to get ready for work tomorrow.  It is supposed to snow - according to the Danish forecast and be bitter cold.  I sure hope not.  I have liked having this easy winter.  But it is what it is.

No comments: