Monday, January 6, 2014

Januar im Danmark!

This morning on the way to work, the weather was quite pleasant.  By the time we headed home, it was dark (and only 3:00) and misting.  It was also cold.  We have a friend that said, 'Being in Denmark in the winter is like living in a ping pong ball.  Everything is always milky white.'  I agree.  Saturday was glorious and it think it was to make the coming days bearable. 

I keep thinking of my sister, Marianne Dittmar.  We vacationed here in March and were bitterly cold and the wind never stopped.  It hasn't been that bad yet for a whole week, but on days like today I think of Marianne saying, "It was not a pleasant trip and never will be in my mind."  I quite enjoyed that time but March is definitely not the time to visit Copenhagen.  I so look forward to May - and we haven't even gotten through January yet.

We finished 4 books today and if anything the glass is helping the process along.  It is a bit heavier than our last glass and because it is totally scratch free - the images are brighter and crisper.  We probably could have done 5 books but I ended up with a blinding headache.  I think there is a front coming in because my head aches and my knees hurt.

It was fun to have everyone back in the office.  They kept interrupting us because they wanted to check in and see how things were going.  The most exciting thing to happen is that they ordered us new office and chairs and we should have them some time this week.

We are taking Friday off because we have our interview with the Mission President.  We will go to the temple afterwards. 



No comments: