Thursday, January 9, 2014

I don't like...

it when I have to send my husband off  - in the dark - to a place he doesn't know.  Our stake center is actually 2 trains and a bus away.  If he doesn't make his connections, he may as well come home because the bus by the stake center only comes every 40 minutes after 6pm.  It is longer after 8.  I don't know when I will see him again.  If it is like Tuesday night- about 10 or so.

Today was a good day and we have had a good week production wise.  We did 19 books this week, a record for us.  Hopefully we can keep on doing 5 books as day.  Makes you feel good when you do that much work.  We did over 2000 pages just today.  They want us to do more but I think we are working at our full capacity right now.  But I thought that we never get beyond 3 or 4 books.  Five books is a good days work now.

There are two things quite characteristic with Danes.  One is the big 'Hans Christian Andersen' nose.  I am amazed at how big people's noses are here.  Not everyone but quite a few.  There a quite a few tall people here too.  Clyde is one of the shortest people in the office but there are 2 other guys about my height.  Danes are really short or really tall.  It is quite fascinating to people watch here.  It is one of my favorite past times.  The other thing I find interesting is that Danes do not like Muslims and yet they have quite a large Muslim community here.  I think their biggest gripe is that the Muslims speak in their native tongue and don't go out of their way to become a part of Danish Society.  If you are going to live in Denmark then you must try and be Danish.

Annika, one of our co-workers, told me today that she is going to start speaking nothing but Danish to me.  She said I know more than I think.  We will see.  Clyde is going to the Stake Center for Stake priesthood meeting and it will be in Danish.  He knows he will understand nothing but needs to be where the Lord wants him.  That is a good thought to live by.


No comments: