Monday, January 13, 2014

Let it Snow!

Today started off bitter cold.  We went to work and my feet, hands and head were warm but the rest of me was freezing.  On the way home, Clyde bought me a new winter coat for this area.  It has real fur surrounding the hood.  It is okay to wear in the weather but don't wash it.  The laundry detergent destroys the fur.  I have seen a lot of full length fur coats - in the rain, snow and just blowing weather.  I guess if it is water resistant for the animals that it must keep some of those properties thereafter.

We had a day that I hope we won't repeat again soon.  Jeppe found our hard drive shuttle and brought it in to us.  We downloaded the files - and it did erase some of our old files.  But it gave us new programs for Italy again.  Our field coordinator and the two of us are very confused why Salt Lake can't seem to get us the right stuff.  We had to discuss the problem with Chris, mail another hard drive shuttle to Salt Lake and yet we still got 4 books done.  These are the longest books we have yet digitized.  Over 700 pages in 3 of the books. 

Mads is back and the whole office perked up with his return.  He has been in Venezuela for the last month.  I need to ask him if it was pleasure or business.  He gave me a big hug and told me he had to go and say hi to Clyde.  He was astonished at all of the things that had changes while he was gone.  We got our new monitor, new chairs and we are half way through the protocols we were initially assigned.  Mads said we must be slacking.  He thought we would be finished by now - and then he laughed.  When he did find out how much we have done, he was astonished and thrilled.

It was snowing so hard after work that people couldn't ride their bikes.  Everyone was on the train or busses trying to get home.  I kept collecting snow on my shoes and it was making me have elevator shoes.  I had to stamp my feet every few steps.  It as amazing how quiet snow makes everything.  Even with our set backs today - it was a good day.

No comments: