Monday, January 27, 2014

Let It Snow! Make it Stop!

It has been snowing for most of the last 36 hours.  We have about 5 inches on the ground.  It isn't a heavy snow but very persistent.    Our commute home was a nightmare.  The train was so packed that no one could move.  We almost missed our stop to get off because no one was going to give up their spot.  I have a bruise on my knee from someone pushing their bike onto the train and into me!  There was no room left but they were unwilling to wait 9 minutes for the next train.  I limped home.

We did 3 huge books today.  The most pages we have ever done.  We started a 4th book but now the books are broken down to 2 or 3 months instead of 6 months to a year.  The large books take more time because they are so unwieldy.  We also met the director of the Copenhagen archives. Our lunch usually lasts less than 20 minutes but today we spent almost an hour because we were visiting with Christian.  He is so impressed with our work and our set up.  It was very enjoyable.

I have a funny memory today.  I was looking at the people on the bus and women my age rarely darken their eyebrows.  We all have basically flesh colored eyebrows that blend into our skin.  My mother hated that and was always trying to dye mine black so they could be seen.  I hated it when she did that because it was too much and I always looked angry.  She started dying my eyebrows when I was 5.  I would let her periodically because she would dye my eyelashes too and it looked like I was wearing mascara.  The only thing I can think is that she could only get black dye.  She would go crazy here with all the eyebrows that need dying!

It is also interesting about wedding rings.  When I lived in Germany, the Germans would wear their wedding bands on their right hands.  My generation, some switched to their left hands but not all.  In Denmark it is the same way.  People my age wear their bands on the right hand and younger people, our daughters' ages, wear them on their left.  I know that is random but I thought it was interesting.

I hope you each have a wonderful Monday.

No comments: