Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Tragic Day

Yesterday, Carl's (Carianne's husband) sister Tamara was killed in a car accident between Fredericksburg and Kerrville TX.  She hit an ice patch, spun around and struck a car on the opposite lane.  She had her 3 year old daughter, Chloe in the car with her.  Chloe was taken to the hospital.  She has a few cuts and bruises.  The rest of the family is in total shock.  We talked with Carianne via Skype a little while ago and she has cried so much her face is puffy and her eyes are almost swollen shut. 

It is times like this that I hold on to my testimony even harder.  I am so glad we know that our families are forever.  What a blessing to have the temple sealings available.  The temple is our greatest blessing.

I ache for Pat Pfiester.  No mother should have to bury a child.  I wish I could be there in person and hug and help.  For now prayers are the best I can offer.

No comments: