Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Terrific Tuesday


We finished 7 books again today.  2 of them took over an hour to get through.  It was all around a great day at work.  For lunch, Jeppe made everyone spaghetti.  He used 4 kinds of sausage plus ground beef.  I would call it meat lovers spaghetti sauce.  It was very good.

This morning as we were waiting for our bus, bus 5A came and let everyone on.  A little girl about 5 ran to the door and told the bus driver her grandmother was coming but she had a hurt foot.  The bus driver smiled at the little girl and did hold the bus.  I find the Danes try really hard to be kind and pleasant.  They are also more concerned about others than themselves.  Last week as I was getting off the train, I was literally run over by a woman and her bike trying to get ahead of everyone.  I thought, "she is not Danish."  As we walked to the bus, I heard someone yelling and being very foul mouthed.  It was the woman and she was American.  I KNEW she wasn't Danish.  Sadly, I should have guessed where she came from.

This morning while on the bus, I watched a grandmother pull up at one of the schools and help her grandson unload his bike from the back of her car.  When they were finished, he hugged his grandmother and kissed her on the cheek.  It was very sweet.  That is typical Danish.

No comments: