Friday, May 9, 2014

A Rainy Friday in May

This weather is playing havoc on my joints.  I am in pain all of the time and can't do the simplest things, like stand and do the dishes.  It is very frustrating.  I keep hoping I will get better but I seem to get worse when the weather is bad - and the weather stays miserable for weeks at a time.  I somehow have to overcome this.  I take glucosamine every day and when I don't - I know it.  However there is no Tylenol or aspirin over the counter here.  Ibuprofen does not take the inflammation down like those do.  I keep doing my exercises but sometimes they just make me feel worse.  I have so much to do tomorrow and to feel miserable is just not in the cards.

Enough complaining.  We did 6 books today and one of them was the equivalent of 2+ books.  It took us over 2 hours to finish that one.  Then as we went to evaluate it - DCam wouldn't let us.  very frustrating.  We had to shut everything down and start fresh.  However that was the only glitch today.  Looks like changing the wiring was a smart move.

We went to the Valby Mall today and bought some new placemats, a fan and an over the door hook bar.  The hooks we had in the bathroom came unglued.  The fan is kind of scary looking.  It has no cover over the blades.  However it is plastic and doesn't rotate very quickly.  It will be a help when we need to move air around in the room.  As we were leaving and entering the train station, a vendor caught my eye and told me, "Hello, remember me?  Have a nice weekend.  (All in English).  I know he remembers my bright yellow raincoat and nametag.  Maybe I should get a coat that is less flashy.

Life is good.  time is flying by.  Next week we will have been here 6  months.  That to me is mind boggling.  I am so grateful we are a mission that we love. 

No comments: