Sunday, May 4, 2014

A New Calling

Today I was called and set-apart as the new Branch Music Director.  I am not sure that it the proper name for the calling in English but it is a literal translation from Danish.  I have plans to have the young women in the branch learn how to lead music, so that when we leave - there will be someone to take over for me.  Right now there is me and one other Senior Missionary sister that knows how to lead.  We need to fix that.

Church was beautiful.  When we first got here, all of the other missionaries that came a few weeks before us, were staying for 18 months.  We are the only ones that have not extended to 23 months.  I am happy for those that made the decision but we are still not sure how our finances are shaping up AND we need to be home for Evie's baptism.

We have a new elder.  Elder Zenger grew up in the Belmont area in Boston (where the temple is).  A few years ago his family moved to New York City but in his mind and heart - he is from Boston.  He even received his endowment in the Boston Temple.  A very neat young man with some pronunciations of a few words that hark me back to New England.

We found out today that our paperwork for our biometrics has never appeared in the Mission Office.  Curious where it is but this Denmark's fault, not ours.  We cannot go to a DR until it is taken care of because our cards have expired that we were first issued.

In the blessing that was given me today, I was told that I will be well enough to fulfill my daily mission calling and my Sunday responsibilities too.  I am pleased with that.  I hate having to have sick days.  I am here to serve and not to lay around.

Yesterday, Clyde and I watched "A Fairytale - a true story".  It is a movie I have not seen since we left Ephraim.  I am now reading the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle books that he wrote about the experience called The Coming of Fairies.  It is an interesting and fun read.

No comments: