Monday, May 12, 2014

A Very Full Day

Today has been long and hard.  We did 6 books, 3000 images and still had over an hour of down time with the camera.  We did not leave work until almost 4:00.  By the time we did our errands after work, it was after 5.  I am worn out and my head is pounding but this is the schedule that Clyde wants us to do everyday.  I just need to decide and do it.

Jeppe told us today that he and his family are living in the garden plot (in Europe, land is sectioned off and you can buy 'a bit of earth' to do whatever you desire.  Grow vegs or flowers or just treat it as you backyard).  Jeppe and his wife are having the house reroofed and an addition done.  They will be camping in a small trailer (they call them caravans here) and a tent on their plot.  Does not sound fun to me - especially when it rains as hard as it does here.

I think I mentioned that the guys at work bought a high end juicer.  Today, Jeppe and Mikkel made juice from carrots, grapes, oranges, apples and pears.  Then to help with our combustion (I think they meant our digestion) they added some fresh ginger and a Thai bird chili (one of the hottest chili's on the planet!).  I do hot well but this was too hot for me.  The taste as it went down was wonderful but the burn after from the ginger an chili was too much.  They had done the ginger and chili separately from the other juice.  Daniel only wanted a bit of juice - so they gave him the cup with the ginger and chili in it.  Needless to say, Daniel was sipping whole milk for the rest of the afternoon.  I told Mikkel and Jeppe that was mean!  They laughed and said that Daniel was always a good sport.  He is.  They were all glad to know the milk trick.  Clyde's stomach has hurt ever since.  He said his stomach feels like combustion!

No comments: