Saturday, February 26, 2011

When I was 4 1/2 years old...

When I was a little older than 4 years old, my parents told me that my mother was pregnant.  I was thrilled.  I prayed every night for a little brother with blonde hair and blue eyes.  On March 15, 1958, I got my wish.  Robert Maynard Brugger was born.  The above picture is Bob, with my paternal grandparents, George and Carrie Myrl Brugger.  I never remember my Grandma Brugger wearing pants.  I don't think she ever put a pair on in her life.  However, my Grandma Tuttle not only wore pants she even owned and wore blue jeans, especially when she worked in the garden, went up into the canyon and worked in her chicken coops when sold eggs and chickens.  Grandma Tuttle sold the chickens off when I was about 6 or 7 years old.  

No comments: