Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Book Review, Finally!

When I was at Heidi's, she received her first book from Waterbrook Multnoma {Blogging for Books}.  I wanted in, so I signed up.  You receive one free book after each of your book reviews.  The book I chose was Divine Appointments by Charlene Ann Baumbich.  My biggest gripe with the book was a single woman with hot flashes.  You only go through hot flashes if you have gone through a traumatic surgery.  It is not just a peri-menopausal symptom.  People that have had a dozen children naturally often never have a hot flash.  BUT if they have had breast cancer or a hysterectomy or some other major surgery, then they get the hot flashes.  In fact the more surgeries, the worse your hot flashes are.  My other irritation with the book is that in essence, if you get a friend your health woes will all go away.  Though it is not quite that simple, it seemed like once the protagonist opened herself up to friendship, suddenly her health issues were never mentioned again.  It was fast quick read and pleasant.  I would give it about 3 stars if I were rating it.


This is a book review for Blogging for Books on behalf of WaterbrookMultnomah.com

No comments: