Friday, February 25, 2011

The Ages of Me

Me at 6 months old

Me at 1 year

My father took this picture when I was about 10 to show how long my hair was.

My sophomore class picture.  This was one of my mother's favorite pictures ever taken of me.  People didn't believe my hair was naturally that blonde.

Clyde's and my engagement pictures.

This was taken 2 weeks after my engagement pictures.  I was talked out of my long hair and into short hair - told it was so much easier.  Balderdash!  I would spend 30 minutes to an hour doing my hair short and 10 minutes doing my hair long!  I've always told Clyde it was because he told me he loved my long hair but that is not quite true.  It was a decision made because of a room mate that was a beautician that beat me down - in truth.

This picture was taken in front of our home on the VA grounds in Kerrville, Texas about 1995.  Clyde and I were going to a fancy dinner.
This is me today with Clyde.  This picture was taken last summer by our surrogate daughter, Jodi Carpenter.  I cannot believe that tomorrow I will be 58 years old!  I have had a wonderful life and been truly blessed.  I have an amazing husband, with amazing daughters.  They have in turn married the perfect husband for who they are.  I have 10 incredible grandchildren with one more on the way.  The only down side to my life is that I am so far away. But then we keep in touch by telephone, emails and our blogs.  Thank heaven for modern media!  

1 comment:

Marianne said...

The last picture of you and Clyde is my favorite. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful sister. I love you.