Friday, February 18, 2011

School Pictures


The top picture is me in 9th grade and bottom picture is me, my Senior year.  The bottom picture was the one my mom preferred to professional ones I had taken later.  Just before I had my Senior pictures taken, I broke up with my boyfriend at the time, because I found out he had been embezzling funds from where he worked and some other things about him.  Literally as I was walking out the door to go take my pictures, he called to tell me that he was going to kill himself if I didn't go back with him.  My stomach was churning and I  wondered if we should try again, just to save his life - and then I realized what a jerk he was and how he was using me!  If I had had a few more minutes to process what was going on, the pictures would have been much happier.  


My ninth grade pictures were taken in Denver, Colorado.  This was a really rough time of my life.  Fortunately literally 2 months after this picture was taken, Dad got his orders for Korea and we were on our way to Ephraim.  Even though Dad was gone, it was one of best times of my life and a time when my self esteem was the best it ever was (and would stay that way for several years, until my hormones beat me down).

No comments: