Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Lost Hero

I said I would blog about books only when I was excited about them and here is my second in a week.  I have been a fan of Rick Riordan for several years because of his Percy Jackson series.  Just before Christmas, I bought Clyde The Red Pyramid and we really enjoyed that (it is Egyptian mythology instead of Greek).  The Lost Hero is Roman and Greek mythology combined to make the beginning of great series.  This book started off a little slower than his other books, but once it started moving, it moved fast!  I literally couldn't put it down for the last 1/3 of the book.  We have old friends back like Chiron and Annabeth but his book is full of new ones: Jason, Piper and Leo.  If you enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, you will want to read this new series.  If you haven't read the Percy Jackson, try it. You will probably get sucked into a very fun world, like the rest of my family has.  


{These books are written for Middle School aged youth by a former Teacher from San Antonio, Texas.  He now writes full time, but he used to have his stories read by his sons and students before publication.  In other words, they are the perfect level for me because there is no promiscuity and no language to worry about.}

No comments: