Friday, February 4, 2011

The Brugger Family

When I was 9, my Grandma and Grandpa Brugger came to Germany to live with us for a year.  During that time Grandma got 
Guillian-Barre' Disease - that almost took her life.  For quite some time, it left Grandma paralyzed.  Grandpa would lift her in and out of her wheelchair and rub her legs.  In truth, I have never seen such loving care given to anyone as Grandpa gave to Grandma.  Grandpa pushed Grandma all over Europe, once she get up and about.  The above picture is one of those outings.  This picture is actually taken on our way to Stake conference.  The dress I am wearing had a red jacket with red tulips.  It was my absolutely favorite dress ever!  I felt so beautiful in that dress.  I will never forget how we could get through the New York World's Fair in one day because we would get bumped up to the head of the line, because of Grandma's wheelchair.  It was amazing.  

No comments: