Thursday, February 3, 2011

Odds and Ends

I know this is my second blog of the day, but my other one was an obligation.  These thoughts have been haunting me all day, so I decided to go ahead and get them down.

I have had the strangest 'dreams' lately.  Last week I was really congested when I went to bed.  This has been an ongoing thing all winter, between being cooped up in an apartment with mold everywhere and just allergies that will not quit.  I do better when I can work out but Sedona has had major damage because of a fire next door.  Hopefully they will be opening any day.  But even then two or three days a week, we have been stuck indoors because of the weather.  I coudn't walk over there today - even if they were opened simply because the sidewalks and streets are sheer ice.

Anyway, I dreamt that my mother came to me and literally shook me.  She told me to wake up and start breathing again.  When I woke up, I was literally gasping for breath.  I know my mother came from the other side and saved my life.  Then last night I dreamt I was holding my newest grandbaby Mallory.  I woke myself because of the loud kissing sounds I was making - as I kissed Mallory on her neck (my daughters will know what I mean).  I had my arms wrapped around me with just enough room to fit a baby. That was my other 'odd' dream.  Needless to say I have been missing my grandchildren.  Not just my blood grandchildren but my adopted ones too.  Yesterday was Jacob Kilts birthday.  I don't think I will ever think of the groundhog before I think of Jacob again.  He was and is a very special part of my life.

Today is a bitter cold day.  Interestingly enough we are about same temperature as Kerrville, Texas - where our oldest daughters family lives.  They are not supposed to get out of the 20's today and neither will we.  This has been one COLD winter for all of us East of the Great Divide.

No comments: