Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wacky Wednesday

Scripture of the day: Doctrine and Covenants 81:5

What a day!  Clyde and I shot a book that took us three hours to accomplish today!  It is the longest we have spent on a book.  It was only had 263 pages but then it had little slips of paper glued into - all the way through.  We had to shoot  once to get the left page and then again to get the right page and then shoot each little slip of paper as an attachment.  Sometimes there were up to 5 slips of paper attached.  It took forever.  When we were finished there 811 pages in total!  Hope we never see one like that again.  I was ready to cry when we were half way through because it was so boggling.

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I saw the REAL Santa Claus (or Jul man here).  He was being followed by cameras and had a burlap sack that was very bulky.  Not quite sure what he was doing wandering around Copenhagen on the 16th of December but it had to be VERY important.

We had an office party today for all of the volunteers and then we were given a letter by Kristian.  He talked about Clyde and me in the letter  and how successful the team of Family Search has been with the archives.  Some of the volunteers were telling us we were world famous now.  They served Glog a hot wine and spice drink with fruit in it.  Apparently eating the fruit is what most people look forward to when having this drink.  Elisabeth made Clyde and me some with apple juice instead of wine.  Our was gone first!  Everyone loved it.  It was good.  I had never thought of putting dried apricots and dried apple in a drink but it was fun to eat.  We had such a good time.  After this morning, we needed a party.  I was still feeling pretty bad this morning but I am feeling very well now.  On the way home from work, Clyde bought me a wall calendar of scenery from Denmark.  Only one complaint.  We don't know where the pictures were taken.

My Christmas offering is an idea from the Liahona/Ensign with a twist from a Sister in our Branch.  The Church magazines suggest we think of the Gifts of the Spirit we have been blessed with and then use them to help others.  What Hanna Olsen suggested was to wrap a box as beautifully as you can with a slit in the top (Kind of like our Valentine Mailboxes in elementary school).  Then leave a notepad and a pencil or pen beside the box.  During the month of December, family members write down the Spiritual Gifts they are thankful for and drop them in the box.  On Christmas, this is the last gift opened.  Everyone sits and ponders about the gifts that Christ has given us, personally.  I think we might try this but open the gift on Christmas Eve.  The gifts can be acknowledged or just put in there anonymously - depending on the what the person wants.  I am grateful the gift of knowing how a recipe will turn out before I make it.  I also have musical gifts that I can share.  I am especially grateful for my gift of motherhood and my wonderful grandchildren!  Those are few of the special gifts I though of as I pondered this special present.

No comments: