Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Last Sunday of 2014

As I write this, fireworks are going off outside our window.  From the middle of December until January 2 - people shoot off fireworks - and not like we have in the States.  It is a full fledged fireworks display - like professionals.  It is a very big deal here.

Today in Church, I was so relaxed and filled with such peace.  It has been a long time since I have felt that calm.  Sebastian spoke about setting goals.  He said that there are 3 "P's" for setting goals.

Prioritize: Decide what your wants are and then decide which are most important to you.

Plan: Set up a plan to follow to help you gain the success you want, whether it is to say your prayers everyday or lose weight.  Without a plan, you will have no success

Put into Practice:  The final way to be successful is to simply 'do it'.  When you start saying your prayers or working out - you will feel good about moving forward.  That should keep you motivated to continue.

I don't set my goals in January.  For the last 10 or 15 years, I have been setting my goals in April and October, when General Conference occurs.  From those inspirational messages, I choose my goals.  One of my current goals is to make the Sacrament a more meaningful experience.  It is becoming a very special part of my Sabbath.

No comments: