Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Years Eve Eve!

Yesterday we went to Tivoli and found this peacock and peahen busy eating seed from the snow.  It took quite a while to get this picture.  They kept their backs to us most of the time.

I think most everyone knows that I collect 'Santa Claus'.  I have quite a collection going of everything from pillows to salt shakers.  Clyde usually adds one or two for me each year.  This is my addition this year.  They are made from the same composite as Willow Tree Figures. 

I have just few examples of Mrs. Santa.  This is so typically Danish with the bike and their expressions.  Very pleased with it.

Today we went to the 'Blue Planet'.  This is Copenhagen's new aquarium.  It is just 2 years old.  It has the 'tube' that surrounds you with ocean life (and makes you very dizzy).  It was so much fun.  Not sure if we will go back again or not but it was a wonderful afternoon there.  The thing that surprised me is that they had a whole wing of tropical household fish AND that was how it was labeled.  I do have to say, I kept thinking about my Nordell family as we walked through.  This is supposed to be second to the one in Okinawa.
 
Tomorrow evening we will spend time with the Senior Missionaries in the area and watch the incredible firework display over Copenhagen.

No comments: