Sunday, December 14, 2014

Today I was a bit off!

-
We will say Belgian Chocolate and THE Bailey's for Christmas.  This was too funny to pass up.

Scripture of the day:  3 Nephi 27:21
 
Today has been an 'off' day for me from early this morning.  We have oatmeal on Sunday's because it is easy and there is not inexpensive cereal to be had here.  I put a little bit of cream on mine but realized I put it in both bowls.  Clyde was not thrilled with his.  Then we were singing the opening hymn of Sacrament Meeting and I cut off - not singing the verses below because I didn't see them!  Danes ALWAYS sing all of the verses and this threw them.  It wasn't until after the meeting that someone pointed out what I had done.  The sad thing to that is they were my favorite verses!  We don't have any just 2 line verses in our hymnbooks in English for the Church.  I just assumed that it was authorship or music information and didn't look closely.  I have just felt like I have been off center all day.  I have been having difficulty seeing clearly for several week now.  I can't wait to get home and get my eyes checked.  This fuzzy outlook on life is not pleasant.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.
 
 
My Christmas Offering:
 
Firstly, in Sacrament meeting today a sister said that all the Gift Givers of Christmas have one thing in common - they want to make life better for mankind.  The Nisse can be full of mischief but the whole reason they are in the home is to help and protect.  Saint Nicholas or the Jul man took these little people and made them his elves to help serve all of mankind.  That is what the Danes believe.
 
Mistletoe
Sitting under the mistletoe
One last candle burning low
All the sleepy dancers gone,
Just one candle burning on,
Shadows lurking everywhere;
Some one came and kissed me there.
 
Tired I was; my head would go
Nodding under the mistletoe
No footsteps came, no voice buy only,
Just as I sat there, sleepy, lonely
Stooped in the still  and shadowy air
Lips unseen and kissed there!
 


No comments: