Saturday, December 20, 2014

Soggy Saturday

Scripture of the day: Matthew 25:35-40

Today we went to pay our internet bill and see if we could find an aebleskiver pan.  Everyone buys the frozen ones now and so pans don't sell.  Such a tragedy.  Homemade - as in all things - are just better!  We did get our Christmas chicken bought and are looking forward to the next couple of days.  Tomorrow is our Christmas program at church.  I hope Jeppe comes and brings his family.  I so want to share this with him.  I have been fighting a really bad headache all day.  I finally gave in and took a Nyquil.  Hopefully that will ease the pain and be out of my system by tomorrow morning.

Jokes:
What did the reindeer say to the elf?
~ Nothing.  Reindeer can't talk!

What is the best key to get at Christmas?
~ Tur-key!

How many presents can Santa fit into an empty sack?
~ One - after that it isn't empty!

Bobby's Christmas Wish
~ Arnie Lightning ~
 
"What's on your Christmas wish list?" asked Bobby's best friend Mark.  "I asked Santa for that new pirate video game, a new soccer ball and some Lego."
 
Bobby lowered his voice.  "If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone," he said.
 
Mark looked very curious.  "My lips are sealed," Mark said.
 
"Okay."  Bobby closed the bedroom door, just in case his nosy little sister Caroline was spying.  Then he told Mark, "I asked Santa for a sleigh ride."
 
"What!" Mark gasped.
 
"I couldn't really think of anything I really wanted this year," said Bobby.  "Then I thought, what could be cooler than taking a spin in Santa's sleigh?  I asked Santa to wake me up just as soon as he finishes stuffing the stockings and leaving presents for Caroline."
 
Mark shook his head.  "I don't know," he said nervously.  "Do you think Santa would do that?"
 
"I guess I will just have to wait and see," Bobby said.
 
On Christmas Eve, Bobby was so excited he could hardly sleep.  He tossed and turned for hours.  Then, just as he was finally dozing off, the clicking sound of reindeer hooves on the roof jolted him awake. 
 
"Santa's here!" Bobby thought, shivering with anticipation.  He lay very still, hardly breathing and listened as Santa as Santa climbed out of his sleigh and laughed a jolly, "Ho ho ho!"
 
Then Santa slipped down Bobby's chimney.  Bobby could hear him landing in the living room.  "This is too amazing!" thought Bobby, who had never been awake for Santa's arrival before.
 
Minutes ticked by.  Bobby imagined that Santa was filling the stockings and leaving Caroline's presents under the tree.  After that, Bobby figured he was probably resting a moment to enjoy the cookies and milk that were waiting for him.
 
At last, Bobby heard the sound he had been waiting for.  Santa was climbing the stairs to his room!  Did that mean that Santa was actually going to grant him his wish?
 
Bobby squeezed his eyes shut, pretending to be asleep.
 
A moment later, his bedroom door creaked open, and a kind voice said, "Wake up, Bobby!  Merry Christmas!"
 
Trembling with excitement, Bobby opened his eyes to see none other than Santa Claus himself!  "M-merry Christmas, Santa." he stammered.
 
"Are you ready to join me in my sleigh?"  Santa asked.
 
"Am I ever!"  Bobby couldn't wait to tell Mark that his Christmas wish had come true!  He put on his coat and boots and shinnied up the chimney with Santa.
 
There on the roof, stood Santa's sleigh, led by a team of eight reindeer.  The sleigh was shiny and red and loaded down the presents.  Bobby was still having a hard time believing his eyes when Santa lifted him into the sleigh for the best ride of his life!
 
"On Dasher, on Dancer!" Santa began, slapping the reins across the reindeer backs.
 
And before Bobby knew it, he was soaring through the sky in Santa's sleigh, just as he wished!
 
When the got home, Santa asked Bobby one thing.  He could never tell of his adventures to anyone.  Bobby didn't mind.  It has been a magical night.

No comments: