Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014

Scripture of the day:  Mosiah 4:16

It has been a wonderful day.  We woke up to snow
This is taken from the kitchen window


This picture is taken from our bedroom window.


Taken from the front window.  It is now pretty much all white.  We got over an inch of snow.


Our completed Lego Advent village.  It was a fun treat to put together this season.

We had no presents to open today.  That was planned somewhat.  We told the children not to mail us anything because we would just have to mail it back home in April.  We had some store bought aebleskivers for breakfast.  I have decided we just don't enjoy the flavor of cardamom.  It is a very common spice used here in Denmark.  For our Christmas dinner we had roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy with broccoli and a vegetable plate.  It was very good.  We have watched Toy story 2 and 3 - one in Danish and the other in German.  It has been a fun and relaxing day filled with Christmas videos on the internet and reading Christmas stories.
 
My Christmas Offering today:
 
I love Charles Dickens Christmas Carol  - it is one of my favorite things to read at Christmas time.  I also watch any Christmas Carol offering on video or TV.  This year the spiel from the nephew has been running through my head.  I would like to share the printed version today.
 
"There are so many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited.  Christmas among the rest.  But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round - apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that - as a good time; a kind forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by common consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really are fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.  And therefore, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God Bless It!"
 
May you all have a joyous day.

No comments: