Monday, July 21, 2014

Overwhelming Monday

Today was hot, humid and one of those days the equipment gave us fits.  We did 6 fairly large books but could have done better had we had no glitches.  Another day down though.  I can't believe we are approaching the halfway mark.

Jeppe was back today.  Last week he and his son went to a role play camp.  The children at the camp learned how to act and use their imaginations.  Each day was a theme like Harry Potter or Kung Fu Panda.  They would dress up and act out parts from the books or movies.  The parents that attended got to participate too but only a limited basis.  For the most part the parents were the ones that kept the kitchen going and the campgrounds cleaned.  Jeppe said it was one of the best experiences of his life.  Every evening everyone at the camp would divide up and play soccer (he said ball but I realized later that he didn't mean baseball but soccer).  I would love to have my grandchildren have an experience like that.  In fact I wish I had had that opportunity at some point.  Jeppe said that he and his 7 year old son are closer than ever.

No comments: