Sunday, July 27, 2014

It is Hot!

I know by US standards, the temperatures are not that bad outside.  However when you hit the upper 80's and there are no air conditioners, the temperatures in the buildings becomes sauna like.  I got sick at church today and realized that it is not a bug but the heat.  I have not been able to handle heat really well since we were in Italy the summer I was 17.  I got sunstroke and was in bed for 3 days because of it.  It also doesn't help that some of my prescriptions say to stay out of the sun and heat.  Not happening for a while.  The buses are sealed like tombs!  The only air that blows in them are when the doors open.  You start to hope it will stop at every bus stop.

On the way home on the bus, a man with 5 little boys in tow (one was definitely his son) sat down. He laughed and interacted so wonderfully with these boys.  He reminded me of our son-in-law, Carl Pfiester.  His mannerisms and laugh were just like Carl's.  Made me very homesick for my family.

I  had my first cherry tomato today.  At the rate things are going, my tomatoes are going to cost me 50 cents a piece.  The tomato was wonderful though.  Tart/Sweet and a wonderful texture.  I look forward to eating the other 6!

No comments: