Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A break from work until Friday

Tomorrow, Elisabeth Bloch is taking us to Dragoor, a small Dutch fishing village on the tip of the island that Copenhagen sits on.  She also  has a garden plot she wants to show us.  I sure hope I can keep up with everyone.  There will be a lot of walking.  I want everyone to have a good time.  At Christmas, Elisabeth was our Nisse (secret elf).  She gave us some wonderful things traditional to Denmark.

I had the most startling memory today.  I was eating a sandwich with fresh bread, Gouda cheese and a fresh tomato.  As I bit into the sandwich, I saw my mother sitting in the front seat of the car and making sandwiches.  She would pass everyone their lunch and there was never a mess.  She was amazing at doing that.  Such a fun memory.  Nothing like a fresh sandwich - no matter what you put on it.

It rained today and brought the temperatures down to comfortable again.

No comments: