Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thanks for the Sabbath School

I have so much that rolls through my mind for this and only a fraction of it ever seems to get here.  Something I have meant to blog for a few days now is about my mother.  Since her passing, she has saved my life several times.  I don't know if I have sleeping issues or not but when I get a bad cold, I tend to stop breathing while I am asleep.  I know this because my mother has come in all of these cases to wake me up.  She scolds me a bit and says something like, "Rebecca, wake up.  It is not your time yet."  This is what she said the other day to me.  She then kisses me and I wake up.  The other day I couldn't catch my breath because every time I breathed in - I would cough because of a tickle in my throat.  I basically could only breathe out - which doesn't help much with oxygen intake.  I had to force myself to breathe in enough air to push out.  That was last Thursday night and part of the reason we did not go into work.  I had very little quality sleep that night.  Mom came to me several times while we were in Rhode Island too.  One time, I had just been chewed out royally by the temple matron.  I was in tears as I entered the dressing room, vowing to never go back.  I smelled Mom's perfume envelop and along with the warmest feeling.  I knew I needed to be big and forgive. 

One of things I told Mom, as she lay dying was that she would be a ministering angel for our family.  Each of our daughters have instances where Grandma, Grandpa Bill and Grandma Sarah, have all been there for them.  I am so grateful we have the Gospel and such sweet promises in our lives.

It rained today.  We were soaked when we walked into Church.  I am not sure we ever dried out but by the time we got home and walked in the pouring rain again, our shoes and clothes were drenched.  My skirt and shoes are still wet and we got home 3 hours ago.  I will have to get myself some rubber boots if we walk in this much.

The men's suits here are on a very trim line.  They pant legs are very narrow and the jackets fit tightly but not pulled.  It obvious our US suits are cut wider and maybe more generously but they never look as tailored as the ones here.

I wrote about Christina, a ballerina in our branch, once before.  Her husband Sebastian also does ballet.  In fact that is how they met.  He was the first cast male in productions but Christina caught Sebastian's eye because of how she acted and lived.  He joined the Church and they were married in the temple.  He now owns a ballet and dance school in Copenhagen while she still dances with the Danish Royal Ballet Company and helps him occasionally.  I was watching Sebastian pass the sacrament today and he just moves beautifully. 

Our High Council speaker said today that we should pray to have our eyes opened.  We need them opened to do the Lord's will, to be aware of our surroundings and to do the things the Lord wants for us.  I loved that and have been pondering that all day.  I am sure I will ponder it much more this week.

Hopefully this week will be better than last.  We did make it through all of meetings today.

No comments: