Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Finally!

Clyde went to see the DR - finally!  He has an infection in his left lung.  The DR put him on antibiotics but wants him to cough to bring up the phlegm.  She said he was is very sick and looks very weak.  I think in truth that he has aged a bit during this.  Hopefully he will spring back quickly.  He has lost over 12 pounds since we left RI.  I am thinking he lost about 5 during this illness.  But his suit has been big on him for quite a while.  Now he needs to get another belt to hold his pants up.  There is no where else to go on the belt he has right now.  I would love to lose weight as quickly as he does but then I don't want to get sick like him.  Oh well.

Thank you, Brother and Sister Torben Valgren for taking Clyde to the pharmacy and getting his prescription.  Clyde had to take the bus to get to his appointment but to have someone come and take him right where he needed to be - was pure heaven.  I did not go with Clyde either place because I am still contagious and I did not want to get something else from the DR's office.  Hopefully this will turn the tide and we can get back to work.  Brother Valgren told Clyde that he thought this was to teach Clyde patience and to learn to be calm.  I found that interesting.

There was an missionary hit by a car in Sweden and killed.  President Sederholm announced that at zone conference today and apparently there was a very audible gasp.  It turns out that there is an elder in our mission who is/was best friends with this elder.  They have been best friends forever, even planning to enter the MTC together and coming home around the same time.  When I heard that story, I cried.  We will be more careful when we cross the street. 

I am reading the Wizard of Oz series on my Kindle.  I have never been a big fan of the movies, so I didn't want to read the books.  I am finding the books to completely different from the movies that have been made.  I am glad.  I am quite enjoying them.  I am so fuzzy right now that to read an extremely complicated plot would be lost on me.

No comments: