Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Clyde Received Flowers Today!

I was sitting in the Living Room, minding my business when the doorbell rang.  I answered the phone but no one was there.  Suddenly there was a rap on our door.  This beautiful bouquet of red tulips and a bottle of chocolate covered black licorice were presented to us.

Clyde had received flowers and candy from EVERYONE at the city archive, wishing him a speedy recovery.  We immediately sent Jeppe an email thanking him.  (In the background you can see our Pfiester family.  I am hoping to fill that wall with pictures from loved ones.)

Chocolate covered black licorice is a very Danish candy.  Their national candy is licorice, I think.  Their favorite way is salted black licorice.  That was just way to strong for me.  I am intrigued by this.  When I am feeling better and can actually taste again, I will definitely try it.

We are doing some better today.  We walked to the bakery and ended up only getting 1/2 loaf of multi grain bread.  We went in just before closing and they were very depleted.  We went on to the nearest grocery store Brugsen's - which is very expensive but about all of the energy we could handle.  We will be okay for a day or two now. 

Clyde is going back to the doctor tomorrow and see if he can get a cough medicine that will help him.  However his coughing spasms are coming less frequently and not lasting as long. 

No comments: