Monday, March 3, 2014

Another Day

One of the astonishing things about this illness with Clyde is that he is sensitive to salt.  Those of you who know him, know that he eats with a salt shaker in one hand with the fork or spoon in the other.  For the last 10 days - celery has seemed too salty to him.  On the other hand, I am loving salt.  In fact the saltier the better.  I wonder why this role switch?

Clyde has an appointment with a doctor that is picking up on call patients for the DR we are supposed to see.  He will see the new DR tomorrow at 1.  We are in the throes of fasching or Mardi Gras.  Lent must be next week.  It is holiday that you can take off if you want to shorten you summer holiday.  This morning I saw a girl about Evie Nordell's age dressed as a pink devil.  I think the reason that one stuck is that she looked like Evie and it seemed a very Evie thing to do.  Other children have been dressed like fairies and dogs.

I have a favorite snack mix that I eat here.  It is called the Student Mix (don't know why).  It is raw almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, cashews and sometimes raw peanuts.  Then they throw in dried currents and or raisins in the mix, in equal parts.  Great pick me up.

I am babbling on this blog.  Hopefully we will both feel like going to work on Wednesday.  Right now all we are doing is sleeping and reading and sometimes watching a movie on TV.

No comments: