Tuesday, December 17, 2013

We are learning!

This morning when the bus dumped us out in the middle of nowhere again - I realized it said it ended its route there on the front of the bus.  The Travel Plan for Copenhagen doesn't tell you that basically bus 250S has 2 travel plans.  We have been going to the plads instead of the Bella Center.   Tomorrow we will sit and wait for the Bella Center bus.  It isn't like we have a set time we need to be in for work.

We did 5 books today.  Our rate of books seems to be between 4 & 5 now.  We must be getting better at it or the books are getting easier to use.  We also had lunch with everyone on our floor.  You bring your own lunch and then eat what you brought with everyone else.  It is a time to visit and catch up.  The office workers now understand that we want to learn Danish.  They were impressed when we told them we had 11 grandchildren and 4 daughters in Danish.  That sent us onto other subjects - including how Americans and Europeans use a knife and fork when eating.  When we lived here before, I got very proficient at eating European style but my mother hated it.  I am still not sure why.  I need to pick it up again.  It makes so much more sense.  It is not an energy waster.  The other thing we discussed was Hans Christian Andersen.  I was the only one there that had read all of his original stories.  They were amazed.  I told them  I not only had but some of my daughters' had too.  They couldn't get over it.  That ended up leading to more discussions about Grimm and Andersen fairy tales.  Jeppe said that he had never had such stimulating lunch talk.  It was interesting.

There isn't much to write about today.  I am using this more and more as my journal.  I hope I am not boring anyone too much.

No comments: