Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Sunday

Clyde is still feeling pretty crummy and was running a fever again last night.  We ended up staying home and doing our RS/Priesthood lessons this morning and listening to President Uchtdorfs message on 'Come Back'.  My most favorite line from that talk is when he says, 'Doubt your doubts, not your faith.'  It is such a simple message.

Our Branch is so small that we alternate Sunday School and Priesthood/RS lessons every week.  We only go 2 hours instead of 3.  This morning we did 2 of the lessons from Lorenzo Snow.  Next week will be 2 Sunday School lessons.  It is interesting.

I was thinking this evening about Mom.  I was peeling Danish potatoes.  The have a yellow flesh like Yukon Golds.  Mom was always complaining about the yellow potatoes.  She felt like a real potato was white and fluffy on the inside.  European potatoes are starchy and I have yet to see white flesh.  But they are yummy and very tender - even raw.  We are also eating more pork than ever.  It is the cheapest meat here.

We are going to try a new way to work tomorrow morning (if Clyde is well enough to go).  Right now we take 3 buses and have a lot of sitting in the weather waiting for the next bus to come.  We can take the train and take one bus.  The problem is the same either way.  The last bus we take and the only bus we take this new way is 250S.  It runs every 26 minutes - or there abouts.  All of our other buses run every 5 to 10 minutes so that wait is not too bad.  The train is every 10 minutes too.  We don't have a time when we have to be at work but it is nice to work from 8-3 and I think that will pretty much be our schedule from here on.

We finally found some maple syrup.  It is pure maple syrup so a little goes a long way.  I cannot seem to find any buttermilk though.  They do have yogurt milk.  I might try it to see if it works like buttermilk.  Can't hurt.  I am still afraid of the oven.  I am just going to have to break down and go for it.  Right now I don't feel we have the money to waste if I ruin something. 

I have been reading a lot since we got here.  I am getting annoyed with some of the newer books I am reading because they end so abruptly.  It is like a story ending with 'and then she woke up' or something equally dumb.  I have rambled enough now.

1 comment:

Cari said...

I love love LOVE reading your posts and daddy's emails. I'm so sorry that y'all haven't been feeling well. I love you both so much and all of us miss you. Post more pictures when you have time - they are SO fun to see.