Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Our First Christmas Eve in Denmark

Today was just a laid back day.  We read, watched those famous Christmas Movies - "Dr. Dolittle" (the old one); Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original) and Singing in the Rain.  Haven't seen a Christmas movie all season and I guess I won't.

We had beef stew for dinner with fresh bread.  I did make brownies from a Betty Crocker mix today.  They turned out pretty good. 

The heart is the symbol of Christmas here.  It is a beautiful symbol of love and life - and what else are we celebrating?  We were invited several places tonight but I am still running a low grade fever and the thoughts of chasing down busses and trains on holiday mode is more than I can handle right now.  We are enjoying this though.  We do wish all of you a wondrous Christmas.

No comments: