Monday, December 2, 2013

A few Thoughts

I felt left out at church yesterday.  I was the only one that was using a hard copy.  Everyone else was using their phones or tablets.

When the sun shines here - even if it is windy, it is tolerable to sit in the freezing temperatures.  Yesterday was bright and beautiful.

People are impressed that Clyde and I would take 18 months out of our lives to serve a mission for the Church.  The normal work week for Danes is 35 hours.  However our co-workers are starting to work a bit longer because we do.  We can't decide if they are more industrious or don't want old people putting them to shame.  I love where we work.

Our co-workers also cannot comprehend how I have lived my whole life and not had coffee.  They are always fixing espresso's for themselves and their office mates.

Tomorrow we are going to go to Zone Conference.  It will take us 3 buses and a 15 minute walk to get where we are going.  Should be interesting.  We will have to travel for over an hour.  We will then help prepare a traditional Danish Christmas meal.  More about that tomorrow. 

Life is good and treating us well. 

No comments: